Monday, November 23, 2009

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back



Or is it 1 step forward, 2 steps back?
I don't know yet because I don't know what I weigh.


When I woke on Saturday I weighed in at 53.8kg, meaning I'd lost my kilo for the week. All things going swimmingly that morning. The problem lay in the graduation ceremony that afternoon, which preceded an entire weekend of flowing champagne and reckless engorgement.

So, here I am waking up on Monday morning with a sore throat and swollen belly, recalling my chocolate honeycomb dinner last night and wondering how much of my good work I have undone in only 2 days. I shall never know because I vow to get back on track and not weigh myself until next Saturday. 5 more days. By then (fingers crossed) I will be strong and in control and somewhere around 53kg.

5 days
5 steps forward
0 steps back
Back on track



Eurghhh I feel sick

x

6 comments:

  1. WHERE do you get your pictures???

    If it's two steps back for every one step forward, if you turn around, will you be moving in the direction you want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool Pasco, you can only move forward.

    (Until we invent time machines.)

    (I can't wait until we invent time machines.)

    We're gonna be 110 by christmas because we're awesome like that and AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIIIIIIIIIGH EN-uh-uf! AIN'T NO VALLEY WIIIIIIDE ENOUGH!! TO KEEP US FROM REACHING OUR GOALS.....

    (oh wow. caffeinated much?)

    Keep going Pasco, never give up!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job already.. Your kilo for the week so soon.. You'll be ok..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, a weekend of champaign is hard, but I think it was important to make a party out of graduation. Many people in the world would be over the edge proud to graduate, especially in your field of work, and you should really try to be proud of it and let the party move on.

    (I remeber this day, and I had no party, because deep down inside I was still not satisfied with myself, and this is sad, because this day never returns. Even after getting the academic degree I did not party all night.)

    So, congratulations to your graduation, keep the champaingn flowing, and if it´s really gone, just get back on track. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Pasco my darling! i just know that you'll get back on track again! you're one of the strongest people i know (well, know-ish) and you wont let a silly little thing like this get you down!
    you deserved to celebrate anyway! just dont let it shove you off course.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. One foot at a time, one step at a time and you'll see it does wonders. In no time you'll have passed the 53kg. It will be long gone.

    I know you can, because you are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete