Saturday, June 5, 2010

Morning Has Broken


I wake up positive.


I am a morning person. Always have been. One of those annoying children who rises with the sun and races into mum and dad's room, bounding onto their bed demanding plans for the new day. At boarding school I would force myself to stay in bed until the wakeup call, while others forced themselves out after it.

There's a little twinkle of optimism in this. I wake up excited, brimming with anticipation of a fresh new day, flooded and driven and so desperate to embark on the day's activities that I can't bear to stay in bed.

It is always so fleeting and I waste it so quickly...

So today I'm making the moment last a little longer. Sitting in my bed and documenting this feeling. Promise and potential as yet unspoiled. Today will be a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you DID have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my son is this morning person - I love it about him, the hope and excitement on his face is priceless :)

    hope your day was excellence

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...it sounds so beautiful how you wrote that. it´s great that you are one of those persons who can see and feel these beauty in "small" things...save this!!!
    i wish i would have such a start in days but this depression thing turns it in the opposite. but i remember such mornings in my childhood...it´s like you describe it - amazing

    ReplyDelete