Friday, March 27, 2009


I work in a hospital. Yesterday I had a free half an hour and I was so bored. I though I might go sit in the cafe and grab some food and coffee. Then I realised that this would be a horrible way to spend my time because my boredom would be making me fat. It was late in the day and there weren't many people around, so I headed to the stair well and walked up the 8 flights to the top floor of the hospital. Then I caught the lift down and did it another 4 times. Not much, but 5 x 8 is 40 flights of stairs - way better than sitting on my pudgey ass eating hospital cafeteria food!

It never occured to me to do this before, but it is such a great idea! My calves and quads got some serious burn. The only downside was that I was sweating like a pig when I was due to head into my meeting afterwards... Perhaps a little more thought and a little more deodorant required for next time (and next time I'll do 80 flights!)

1 comment: